WE ARE OPEN
The salons are all open for all hair and spa services. After months of salon renovations, safety preparations and team training, we were delighted to reopen in July.
We have really tried to take all precautions into account and even have a Safety Manager who is overseeing PPE, team training and everything Covid-19 related across the group to make sure that we are following the latest industry and government guidelines.
When thinking about the salon environment, I wanted to make sure that your experience is still enjoyable while having all of the correct safety measures in place. Below I have outlined our ’10 Point Plan’ for moving forwards over the next few months and some frequently asked questions which may be helpful before your appointment.
Thank you for your continued support,
OUR 10 POINT PLAN
1. We will look after you. Our priority is the health and wellbeing of everyone in the salon, both our team and guests. The measures that we put in place will be continually updated but our focus will be the same.
2. Protective equipment. PPE will be supplied for all appointments. We are concerned about the levels of waste and so many disposable items have been purchased from sustainable suppliers and will biodegrade in 8 weeks.
3.The salon experience will be different but we want to add joy, kindness and inspiration and welcome you back with socially distant open arms. Please don’t come to the salon if you or someone you live with is unwell, we need to ensure the environment is as safe as possible for everyone.
4. Extra care. We understand that not everyone will feel ready to visit us again but we are reserving the first appointment of the day at 9am from Monday to Friday for those who are most vulnerable.
5. The kind words that we have received over the past few months have been heart warming and we truly appreciate your support and dedication to shopping locally. Our temporary online store will remain open for now in the packages section of our Gift Voucher page here.
6. Rather than permanently raising our price, we have added a ‘Safety Levy’ which will be reviewed each month as the government guidelines change. This is a transparent way of us charging towards the extra costs which are now incurred by the business, the amount charged is not for a mask or the safety bag. The current cost is £5 per visit. There is a reduced amount of £2 per visit for all childrens appointments and express beauty treatments under £20.
7. Making a reservation is going to take a little longer, we may need to ask questions to make sure that your records are up to date. We also need to allow extra time and ensure that your booking is right for your needs so please keep this in mind.
8. Although it is impossible for us to carry out your entire appointment from a distance, we will have measures in place throughout the salon. We are making our environments as safe as possible. You will have a reserved seat and will receive a Hygiene Pack when entering the salon. This will contain a cleansing wipe, single use gown, disposable towel & mask.
9. Wellbeing and taking care of ourselves has never been more important, our vast menu of spa treatments will be back as soon as government guidelines allow. Increased hygiene measures will be in place to ensure that you feel cared for and relaxed.
10. Finally, we are dedicated to making ‘the new normal’ a positive experience and have given 100 free appointments to key workers, thank you for the nominations which flooded into our inbox.
Now is the time to embrace change in all areas of our lives – from a shorter cut to grey blending and trying out a new spa treatment, we want you to enjoy your salon experience and feel a new sense of inspiration.
What face covering will I be wearing and what will my stylist wear?
All team members will be wearing a mask and visor. When entering the salon you will be given a ‘Hygiene Pack’ this will include a mask, it’s also fine to wear your own mask if you prefer.
I haven’t been able to book yet – am I likely to get an appointment soon?
Yes, there are spaces available but you may need to be flexible with your choice of stylist and possibly the salon too. We were incredibly busy in July and August but now the bookings have calmed down. We are allowing extra time for every appointment so there are less people in each salon.
What should I bring to my appointment?
We will provide all PPE and can now offer drinks in disposable cups. Please feel free to bring your own drink if you prefer. You can also bring your own magazines, books, iPad etc – we can’t offer you the usual selection of magazines but we do have a selection in each salon. You are welcome to choose a magazine and then take it home with our compliments.
Please bring as few bags and belongings as possible. Everything will have to be kept with you or placed in bags so it would be easier and safer to just bring one small bag and preferably no coat.
Do I need to wait outside before my appointment?
No, please enter the salon as normal and our Front of House team will be there to greet you. There are hand sanitising stations at all entrances and exits. Please try to arrive on time for your appointment, rather than being early or late as we are staggering arrivals.
Can I bring a friend/relative to wait with me?
To follow the government guidelines we are removing waiting areas and are also reserving a seat for each appointment. Therefore you should come to the salon on your own.
I have coloured my hair at home since my last appointment, will this affect my next colour?
We completely understand that not everyone wanted to face having grey roots , however please mention that you have coloured your hair when making your booking. You will need to have another Skin Test at least 48 hours before your appointment (all allergy alert tests are invalid once another type of colour is applied) and we will also need to add more time to your salon appointment.
I have used Colour Wow or a Root Cover Up spray, what should I do before the appointment?
Temporary colour options are great but they must be thoroughly washed out before your colour is applied or it may not develop properly. Please wash your hair and ensure that all of the colour / powder has been removed, you should come to the salon with dry, product-free hair.
Will my hair appointment bill be higher?
Yes, with the Safety Levy added all bills will be slightly higher. Also you may have a Restyle rather than a usual trim and have a different colour technique and additional colours. Our prices have not been increased. There are price lists available at all times and you can discuss this with your stylist in the consultation.
One way of reducing the price is to change the level of stylists that you normally see, our team are graded in five levels at each salon, if you would like any help with your choice of stylist then please do ask. The colour price is the same for all team members but the cutting and styling prices depend on the level of experience.
I want a complete change – is this a problem?
Of course not! Our teams are so excited to welcome you back and at every meeting we have been discussing changes in style, cut and colour – we know that lots of you have been considering big changes throughout lockdown and we are excited to discuss your hair plan moving forwards.
After my first appointment can I rebook or do I need to wait? What will happen if you close again?
Our books are fully open for appointments so you can book as many as you wish. Many people have been booking the appointments up until Christmas but this is completely up to you. All appointments now have extra time and this will be reviewed on a monthly basis.
Finally, we are hoping that there will not be another closure but if it does happen, we will contact everyone who has an appointment booked to rearrange and they will have booking priority at that time.
SPA FAQ SECTION
What appointments are available to book?
We are following all government guidelines and can offer all hair and spa treatments.
Are therapists wearing PPE and what do I wear?
Our therapist team are all wearing visors and masks. We will give you a mask to wear or you can choose to wear your own, however we will still provide all necessary PPE.
Do I pay the Safety Levy for treatments too?
You only pay the levy per visit, therefore if you are having multiple treatments (hair or spa) then the £5 charge is added once. It would be better to group your treatments together rather than having multiple visits in a short period.
Will there be a screen between myself and my therapist?
No, there is no screen as the team member will be wearing a visor in addition to a mask.
Are there any other changes?
We have put a number of safety precautions in place in every salon, including sectioning off some treatments areas and moving others to make more room. We are committed to making your experience as safe as possible, this includes the use of disposable and single use equipment where necessary.
How should I pay?
We are still accepting all forms of payment. Contactless is ideal, you can pay up to £45 by contactless card or pay an unlimited amount by Apple Pay.
You can book online or call 01332 974 959 for any salon.
We hope this section has answered your questions and will look forward to seeing you in the salon soon.