WE ARE OPEN
The Ashbourne, Belper, Duffield, Sadler Gate and Old Hall salons are all now open for hairdressing services. After months of salon renovations, safety preparations and team training, we really can’t wait to be back!
We have really tried to take all precautions into account and even have a new Safety Manager who is overseeing PPE, team training and everything Covid-19 related across the group to make sure that we are following the latest industry and government guidelines.
When thinking about the salon environment, I wanted to make sure that your experience is still enjoyable while having all of the correct safety measures in place. Below I have outlined our ’10 Point Plan’ for moving forwards over the next few months and some frequently asked questions which may be helpful before your appointment.
Thank you for your continued support,
OUR 10 POINT PLAN
1. We will look after you. Our priority is the health and wellbeing of everyone in the salon, both our team and guests. The measures that we put in place will be continually updated but our focus will be the same.
2. Protective equipment. PPE will be supplied for all appointments. We are concerned about the levels of waste and so many disposable items have been purchased from sustainable suppliers and will biodegrade in 8 weeks.
3.The salon experience will be different but we want to add joy, kindness and inspiration and welcome you back with socially distant open arms. Please don’t come to the salon if you or someone you live with is unwell, we need to ensure the environment is as safe as possible for everyone.
4. Extra care. We understand that not everyone will feel ready to visit us again but we are reserving the first appointment of the day at 9am from Monday to Friday for those who are most vulnerable.
5. The kind words that we have received over the past few months have been heart warming and we truly appreciate your support and dedication to shopping locally. Our temporary online store will remain open for now in the packages section of our Gift Voucher page here.
6. Rather than permanently raising our price, we have added a ‘Safety Levy’ which will be reviewed each month as the government guidelines change. This is a transparent way of us charging towards the extra costs which are now incurred by the business, the current cost is £5 per visit.
7. Making a reservation is going to take a little longer, we may need to ask questions to make sure that your records are up to date. We also need to allow extra time and ensure that your booking is right for your needs so please keep this in mind.
8. Although it is impossible for us to carry out your entire appointment from a distance, we will have measures in place throughout the salon. We are making our environments as safe as possible. You will have a reserved seat and will receive a Hygiene Pack when entering the salon. This will contain a cleansing wipe, price guide, single use gown, disposable towel & mask.
9. Wellbeing and taking care of ourselves has never been more important, our vast menu of spa treatments will be back as soon as government guidelines allow. Increased hygiene measures will be in place to ensure that you feel cared for and relaxed.
10. Finally, we are dedicated to making ‘the new normal’ a positive experience and have given 100 free appointments to key workers, thank you for the nominations which flooded into our inbox.
Now is the time to embrace change in all areas of our lives – from a shorter cut to grey blending and trying out a new spa treatment, we want you to enjoy your salon experience and feel a new sense of inspiration.
What face covering will I be wearing and what will my stylist wear?
All stylists will be wearing a visor, we have been testing out options for months and have purchased really good visors from a Derby based company. When entering the salon you will be given a ‘Hygiene Pack’ this will include a mask, it is completely your decision if you would like to wear it or not but we wanted to offer everyone the option.
I haven’t been able to book yet – am I likely to get an appointment soon?
Yes, there are spaces available but you may need to be flexible with your choice of stylist and possibly the salon too. We have extended opening times at all salons for the month of July.
What should I bring to my appointment?
We will provide all PPE but please feel free to bring your own food and drink, we can only offer water in a disposable cup. You can also bring your own magazines, books, iPad etc – we can’t offer you the usual selection of magazines.Please bring as few bags and belongings as possible. Everything will have to be kept with you or placed in bags so it would be easier and safer to just bring one small bag and preferably no coat.
Do I need to wait outside before my appointment?
No, please enter the salon as normal and our Front of House team will be there to greet you. There are hand sanitising stations at all entrances. Please try to arrive on time for your appointment, rather than being early or late as we are staggering arrivals.
Can I bring a friend/relative to wait with me?
To follow the government guidelines we are removing waiting areas and are also reserving a seat for each appointment. Therefore you should come to the salon on your own.
I have coloured my hair at home since my last appointment, will this affect my next colour?
We completely understand that not everyone wanted to face having grey roots for three months, however please mention that you have coloured your hair when making your booking. You will need to have another Skin Test at least 48 hours before your appointment (all allergy alert tests are invalid once another type of colour is applied) and we will also need to add more time to your salon appointment.
I have used Colour Wow or a Root Cover Up spray, what should I do before the appointment?
Temporary colour options are great but they must be thoroughly washed out before your colour is applied or it may not develop properly. Please wash your hair and ensure that all of the colour / powder has been removed, you should come to the salon with dry, product-free hair.
Why can’t I book my usual root retouch appointment?
We have temporarily disabled this service because after being closed for this long, a root retouch doesn’t exist. Your colour will take longer and much more product will be needed, the technique is also different as the hair at the root needs to be coloured last and treated differently. Therefore we have introduced the ‘Extended Root Retouch’ which is priced £54 at all salons, this is the price for a Root Retouch plus one additional colour. We have implemented this to stop colour banding and ‘glowing roots’ – the last thing that anyone needs at the moment!
Will my hair appointment bill be higher?
Yes, with the Safety Levy added all bills will be slightly higher. Also you may have a Restyle rather than a usual trim and have a different colour technique and additional colours. Our prices have not been increased. There are price lists available at all times and you can discuss this with your stylist in the consultation.
One way of reducing the price is to change the level of stylists that you normally see, our team are graded in five levels at each salon, if you would like any help with your choice of stylist then please do ask. The colour price is the same for all team members but the cutting and styling prices depend on the level of experience.
I want a complete change – is this a problem?
Of course not! Our teams are so excited to welcome you back and at every meeting we have been discussing changes in style, cut and colour – we know that lots of you have been considering big changes throughout lockdown and we are excited to discuss your hair plan moving forwards.
After my first appointment can I rebook or do I need to wait? What will happen if you close again?
Our appointment books are fully open for hair appointments so you can book as many as you wish. Many people have been booking the appointments up until Christmas but this is completely up to you. All appointments now have extra time and this will be reviewed on a monthly basis.
Finally, we are hoping that there will not be another closure but if it does happen, we will contact everyone who has an appointment booked to rearrange and they will have booking priority at that time.
SPA FAQ SECTION
What appointments are available to book?
We are following all government guidelines and can offer all manicure, pedicure, body massage and waxing. We cannot perform any treatments around the face.
Are therapists wearing PPE and what do I wear?
Our therapist team are all wearing visors, for face to face treatments such as nail appointments they will also be wearing a mask. We are providing everyone with a disposable mask when you arrive for your appointment and it is your decision whether this is worn or not. We would recommend wearing a mask, especially for nail appointments where there is closer contact.
Do I pay the Safety Levy for treatments too?
You only pay the levy per visit, therefore if you are having multiple treatments (hair or spa) then the £5 charge is added once. It would be better to group your treatments together rather than having multiple visits in a short period.
Will there be a screen between myself and my therapist?
No, there is no screen as the team member will be wearing a visor in addition to a mask.
Are any other treatments not available?
We have temporarily removed some express treatments so that we can elongate all appointments to allow for extra space between appointments. The services not currently available include the ESPA Express Massage, Scalp Massage, Body Polish, Salt & Oil Scrub and a File & Polish on hands or feet.
We have put a number of safety precautions in place in every salon, including sectioning off some treatments areas and moving others to make more room. We are committed to making your experience as safe as possible, this includes the use of disposable and single use equipment where necessary.
You can book online or call 01332 974 959 for any salon.
We hope this section has answered your questions and will look forward to seeing you in the salon soon.