THE CLOTHES SHOW 2015: THE IMAGE CATWALK WITH CLOUD NINE
We have had teams working backstage at The Clothes Show for several years, it’s a really busy event and it’s great for stylists and apprentices to assist backstage and gain valuable session skills.
The Clothes Show is held at the National Exhibition Centre in Birmingham each year and presents a line up of brands, celebrities and features the ultimate fashion experience including catwalks, trend presentations, shopping, hair and beauty demonstrations and talks from leading industry experts including our very own Angel Montague-Sayers who is the Cloud Nine Hair Ambassador.
Angel’s Top Tips:
1. Prep the hair with product before you start styling, her favourite is the TecniArt Constructor. This will give you the hair more texture and a better hold on the final effect.
2. Using heated curlers, curl the top of the head… this will create the effect of a big bouncy blow dry which you get in a salon. Then using a wand, curl the bottom sections of the hair, this will save time and convenience for you.
3. Scrunch every curl whilst it is still hot. This will set it in place and stop it from falling out.
4. When curling the front areas make sure you curl away from the face, it will be more flattering.
Cloud Nine were based on The Image Catwalk which showcases the ‘future of fashion’; graduates and final year students from top Universities and Colleges around the country present their collections on the stage which was hosted by reality TV stars Antonia O’Brien, Jamie Laing and Joey Essex.
The Graduate shows were presented every hour and were 30 minutes long and with just seconds to change into new outfits, the hair was bound to look a bit dishevelled. We sent our fantastic team to assist Angel backstage where they learnt new techniques to bring back to the salon.
The looks were created with only four simple L’Oreal Professionnel products:
- Volume Lift Mousse by TecniArt – Top Tip, you can never have too much of this! Spray on to roots section by section and blow dry in until the product is gone. This will give the roots some lift and add volume to create the bouncy blow dry.
- Constructor by TecniArt- spray all over the hair to give some texture to work with. When the hair is too smooth the curl will slip out so adding some constructor will help the curl not to drop.
- Crepage de Chignon, Wildstylers – this mineral powder fixing spray provides great texture and a volumising effect with a matte finish.
- Air Fix, by TecniArt – Spray all over finished hair to keep the style from dropping out.
Not only was Angel and her team backstage styling the hair for the Image Catwalk models but she was on hand to make the presenters stage ready too. Take a look at Angel backstage styling the hair of celebrities such as Jamie Laing, Binky Felsted, Antonia O’Brien, Lauren Pope, Carol Wright and Chloe Lewis.
Thank you to Nicola, Sophie, Ellen, Grace, Eve and Millie who all worked really hard backstage – well done!
Cloud Nine believe that your hair is as unique as your fingerprint and are leading the revolution in kinder hair care styling. Their innovative temperature control technology allows you to style at the temperature most suited to your hair which is why we use Cloud Nine tools in each of our salons.
For more information on Cloud Nine products or how to purchase them then please call 01332 331133 or visit our website at: https://www.sallymontague.co.uk/products/cloud-nine/